Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21

Today it was supposed to be spring (yesterday was the first official day). However, It was freezing and windy this morning when I walked to campus I didn't have a coat so I was so cold! I spent the whole walk up to campus complaining about the weather in my head and having a negative thoughts.
Tonight, while reflecting on what to write about, I realized what a terrible attitude I had today when things just weren't perfect. I realize that I can be this way a lot about many different things.
I heard Dallin say a couple times that there would be times in Tonga where we would just want to go home.
I can imagine this happening to me a lot if I have to walk a lot and I'm in pain and my knee hurts and the weather is bad and things aren't going right with my project or I'm hating the food or I'm homesick! If I don't have an attitude adjustment SOON, I'm probably going to have a bad time in Tonga.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm always a pessimist and that I can't get over things. I just realized that most of the time, it's my thoughts that are negative even when I try to be positive on the outside, so it doesn't always work out just right.
So, in preparation for good times and bad in Tonga, I want to start eradicating the negative thoughts I have. Throughout this week especially, I'm going to make sure to stop myself when I have a bad attitude and try to change my perspective and be happier when things aren't going my way! I just want to make sure that even when things get hard in Tonga I don't have to weigh myself down with negativity.

next time: domain analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment