Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1

Today was a great day because we had a cultural project for my language class. We got to help make and prepare Tongan food yesterday and today we got to eat it! Some of it was delicious, some of it was totally gross. Ufi and manioke is totally gross to me. So is breadfruit. However, the mango pinapple drink was DELICIOUS and so was the curry. The sipi was weird but I could eat it. Even though the food wasn't my favorite I know I'll get used to it and I have to eat so maybe it won't taste as bad if I'm STARVING!
Even though I wasn't a huge fan of all the roots, I am not dejected and I am still excited to go to Tonga. The trip is in about a month for me, and I can't even describe how excited I am. Even if I don't like the food I know the experience will be amazing and I just can't wait to get to know the people and experience a new culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment