Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11

We had a safety and security briefing that, to be honest, scared me a little! We went over some scenarios that we might encounter, and I found that I didn't really have any idea what I would do. Maybe its just because I'm not to great at planning ahead, and I act better when I'm just in the moment. However, when it comes to safety and security, it's better to have a plan!
Here's my plan:
I'm keeping emergency contact information on me at all times, just maybe on a little business card with numbers/addresses for hospitals, Ashley, Dallin, BYU and anybody else that I might need contact with, maybe a way to contact my other group members.
I'm going to have a supply of food and water, probably about a week's worth somewhere in my host home in case of an emergency.
Additionally, I'm not going to keep a lot of expensive things on me, like I won't bring my camera everywhere I go every day, just sometimes, and then keep my money in a couple different spots just in case I get mugged or something.
I'm also bringing some first aid kit type things, like medicine for pain and diarrhea, bandaids, anti-bacterial etc.
Hopefully I can be prepared in case something happens, but moreso I hope that nothing bad happens! I'm planning on it just in case so that I can have a safe and good trip and be able to do all my coursework and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment